c b newham image for Aug 2007 (caption at bottom)
itchen stoke
St Mary, Itchen Stoke, Hampshire

Built in 1866 by Henry Conybeare for his brother the rector. The floor of the sanctuary has
tiles in the form of a maze. The bench-ends and pulpit have cast-iron foliage decoration.
The church is now in the care of the Churches Conservation  Trust.


For a more detailed image, click here [1.5 Mb]

Click here for home or click here for previous images of the month or scroll down the page


The Ecclesiological Society is grateful to c b neham for providing this image and the accompanying text.
c b newham's images are copyright and all rights are reserved. We take this seriously.
c b newham has an extensive archive of photographs of English churches available in digital format.
Contact him archive@digiatlas.net for enquiries and further information, or to tell him if you enjoy his pictures.

Home | Search the site
What's new  | News and gossip
Dr D's image of the month  | Picture essays | Site of the month
Links | Organisations | Research | Help with . . . 
Conferences | Events
Downloads and publications  |  Churches future  | Current issues
   Members' page | About the Society
 Contact us